The Municipality of Grone stretches from the banks of the River Cherio to the San Fermo Hills. These hills, between Val Cavallina and Lake Iseo, dominate the valley and the entire plain with their tapering, majestic forms, clad in green meadows and pasture.
A recent regeneration has enabled this area of rare beauty to become a popular tourist destination for hikers, with routes suitable for all, and for sportspeople engaged in activities such as mountain biking, horse riding, paragliding and hang-gliding.
Like all the villages in Val Cavallina, Grone saw its period of greatest development and splendour in the Middle Ages. In fact, there are still three towers dating back to that period that bear witness to the importance of the village, at that time dominated by the powerful Suardi family. During excavations for the reconstruction of the parish church in 1928, the remains of a fortified building, probably a castle of which no records remain, were found. Inside the aforementioned church, rebuilt on the foundations of a small chapel dating back to the 14th century, there are several paintings by Cavagna and some valuable carved wooden works.
The Acqua Sparsa mill, the last still in operation in the entire valley, is also particularly interesting. The present mill has a wooden structure dating back to 1930 and it is powered by a combination of flowing water and electricity.
From 1928 to 1947 the village was united with the neighbouring municipalities of Borgo di Terzo, Berzo San Fermo and Vigano San Martino, forming the municipality of Borgounito.